Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Slice #7 2012 - Windy, Warm Day

The wind is blowing and everything seems to be swinging or swaying with the force. It’s supposed to be another spring-like day with temperatures climbing to the 50s. I can’t help but think about Winnie-the-Pooh (“It’s a blustery day…”) and Dorothy too (We’re not in Kansas anymore…) It’s funny how the wind brings to mind literary references. I can even recall a poem from my childhood by Christina Rossetti:

Who has seen the wind?

Neither I nor you:

But when the leaves hang trembling,

The wind is passing through.

Who has seen the wind?

Neither you nor I:

But when the trees bow down their heads,

The wind is passing by.

I am happy to feel the warmer breeze. It’s a welcome relief from the cold, bitter winds of winter. Hopefully it won’t morph into Ivy Ruckman’s Night of the Twisters.

No comments:

Post a Comment