Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Slice #27 2012 A Spring Break Poem

I thought I'd try a quick poem for my slice today. April is poetry month and we will be focusing on this genre as we read and craft.

Temperatures are in the 40°s.
The wind is blowing strong.
The early flowers sway.
It's a typical March day.

How I wish the sun was out.
Where is that blue sky?
Looking up the sky is gray.
It's a typical March day.

Spring break is here.
Can the sun come back?
I want to go out and play.
It's a typical March day.

3 comments:

  1. You described "a typical March day" so well! I love the repetition and the questions in stanza 3! Enjoy the remainder of your spring break. The sun is shining here. I hope it lasts unitl my spring break next week! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. March is so atypical, hot, cold, sunny, rainy. You never know what you will get. I like the rhyme, something I struggle with. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoying a typical March here in Florida in the 80's. The heat wave is around the next corner. Thanks for your spring slice.

    ReplyDelete