Monday, March 19, 2012

Slice #19 2012 - An Early Spring (Summer?)

It’s morning and although it’s almost 6:30, the sun is not yet rising. Daylight savings time does that. I can hear the birds calling to one another as they greet the morning. I planted a few flowers in pots yesterday and my husband worked in the yard for hours. We saw some neighborhood children in swimsuits playing outside with a hose yesterday as we walked our dogs. Our daffodils are blooming, the earliest date I can remember. Our flowering crab, which usually waits for early May, will bloom soon too. I’m pleased that our weather has been so summer-like, but having heard that a portion of Arizona had snow, I can’t help but think we may still have some cold weather ahead of us. We do live in northern Illinois, and our weather changes quickly. For now I will enjoy the high temperatures, the early signs of spring and the chance to wear my summer clothing.

2 comments:

  1. My students tried to tell me today how hot it is in our class. I looked at them and said, "you could take off your jacket and sweater." After all it was over 70 degrees inside! I would very happy if the whole summer would be like today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Put in some line breaks and you have a poem here. I'm afraid this early spring may mean hurricanes later for us down south, maybe not. For now, it's inspiring some good writing.

    ReplyDelete